In late 2005, the Abu Dhabi Government began to work on a far-reaching services transformation programme that transcends all Government departments, authorities, and administrations. This programme strives to make the Abu Dhabi Government more effective and efficient in delivering modern services to its diverse customer base along a multitude of delivery channels.
To develop, drive and support the various initiatives within the Abu Dhabi Government service transformation programme, the Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre (ADSIC) was created. The Centre is considered as the governmental party that owns the IT agenda of the Emirate to develop, drive and support the various initiatives within the Abu Dhabi Government service transformation programme, and has the authority to practice the following competences:
- Supervise the implementation of the e-Government program in Abu Dhabi Government entities
- Sponsor initiatives and mature assets and competencies of critical importance for the e-Government project.
- Propose policies and technology standards for government and relevant entities
- Issue rules and guidelines regarding the implementation of IT policies across Government entities.
- Submit the guidelines to the Council regarding the IT sector and the e-Government.