Seed Funded Projects
Below is a summary of each of the seed funded projects and their alignment to the Eye on Earth principles.
Projects were selected to ensure they were compelling, specific, achievable outcomes that translate the principles of the Eye on Earth Summit Declaration to “on the ground” commitments and actions through the Special Initiatives, with priority emphasis on projects that provide support to Abu Dhabi, the UAE and the Arab region.
- ISEPEI Case Study – In-Service ICT Training for
- CSR: EcoCitizen World Map-Building Eco Cities
- CSR: GeoSUMR – GeoInformation for Sustainable Urban Management and Resilience
- GNON: The GeoSUR Program, a model regional geospatial network for the Arab region
- Env Ed: GUPES- Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability
- A4A: Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe Building Bridges between Regions
- A4A: Principle 10 Legal Index (now called Environmental Democracy Legal Index)
- Bio: Unlocking Biodiversity Data from Environmental Impact Assessment
- DM: FALCON SDI – Strengthening networks & spatial data infrastructure capacity building for more effective disaster planning and response and climate change adaptation
- DM: SIIEM – Strengthening Information Infrastructure for Emergency Management
- DM: Strengthening Capacity of Governments and other Actors – UNEP Guidelines for the Development of National Legislation on Access to Information, Public Participation and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (Bali Guidelines)
Regular updates on the developments of these projects and how to collaborate are communicated through the regular online Special Initiative stakeholder coordination calls. New stakeholders are always welcome.